Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Flow Starts...

Finally, after many months of contemplation, I have decided to jot down my thoughts, opinions and whatever else might be in my mind, which continues to confuse me. Being somewhat of an introvert, I never wanted anyone I knew reading stuff which I wrote, thus ending my short stint at trying to write a journal.

In the last two and a half years or so of unemployment and basically being a burden on everyone, I've had a lot of time to think about a lot of random stuff in my life. This does not mean I've become wiser than before or wise, as a matter of speaking.

Lately, I've been wondering about the artificial world we live in. This world, promoted by mass media which is in turn controlled by people living with the sole purpose of accumulating wealth, seems to me to be inhospitable for any person who wishes to live a simple life. They want you to be like all the people they want to control by means of making you feel bad about yourself. there are little girls starving and using toxic cosmetics to be like supermodels. People trying to have a fairer skin tone by bleaching their skin to be accepted as good looking in society.

When did we start looking up to televisions and magazines?? Whatever happened to the philosophy of being content?? I used to think that doing good and being healthy was the way to look good. They say that you end up looking like the person who you are inside when you become old. This holds true when you look at old well known people in history who did not use make up. These include Mahatma Gandhi, Mother Teresa, etc. Lately I've been seeing some scary old faces with unsuitable Botox and old cosmetic surgeries.

When it comes to politics, everyone knows that there vested interests at play. I've started to think that democracy is a failed system. We've been ruled by Kings for Millenia and the only wars were to overthrow other Kings or to expand the empire. There have been more bloody wars after the introduction of Democracy in the world, including the two World Wars. The innumerable proxy wars and the cold war and the so called war on terrorism, which is a farce, have been fought even with the calls for freedom and liberty and security. So, Democracy has failed in a few decades where Kingdoms have survived for thousands of years. Unless we come up with something better, I'm afraid, we are all doomed by corrupt and useless politicians and corporates.

No comments:

Post a Comment